Friday, December 25, 2015

Example of Breaking Ideas Down into Niche Sites

Example of Breaking Ideas Down into Niche Sites


Hasil gambar untuk Example of Breaking Ideas Down into Niche Sites



I do not recommend buying multiple domain names exclusively for deceptive practices. Many of my sites are about SEO, but you can break ideas down to their core and make useful sites in less competitive markets.

For example, one site I own is Search-Marketing.info. This site is similar to the contents of this e-book, although the site is somewhat dated. That site is not a well-branded name. I had many concepts on that site that later were extracted and made into their own sites:

     I had a blog at Search-Marketing.info; the blog was not successful. I moved the blog from that site to SeoBook.com, and it has likely become one of the top half dozen most popular blogs in the SEO industry.

     I had a directory list on Search-Marketing.info. I decided to turn that list into a directory of directories, and created that idea at DirectoryArchives.com.


     I listed some bad SEO practices on my Search-Marketing.info; I decided to turn that idea into BlackHatSEO.com.

Each of the last three sites occasionally spikes in popularity and helps give me a multi-brand approach. I would not be nearly as successful if I kept all of those ideas inside my first site.

When you spin out micro domains, they allow you to try to be humorous or different without necessarily having as much impact on your root brand as if you said and did the same things on your main business site.

There are also tactical business reasons for using multiple sites. For example, if what you are doing might get you sued, it may make sense to put it on a non-income-generating site to try to make it easier to get free legal help if the lawsuit is bogus.

0 comments:

Facebook  Google+ Instagram Linkedin

Featured Post

Common Keyword Problems

PageRank Checker